Sunday, May 18, 2014

Something Blue

I was filled with delight sitting next to my cousin as the clock struck twelve. He was now a man. Eighteen years ago I watched this pink, wrinkly, adorable baby boy enter my aunt's and uncle's house...a house that I partially grew up in. No, I wasn't filled with rage or jealousy, it was quite the opposite.

A few weeks ago I was invited to celebrate with LaKwan as he brought in his 18th birthday and even though I was the oldest person at the dinner table, I had loads of fun. 

Since I was unable to photograph what I wore, I went out on a cloudy day and got a few shots of my gorgeous halter dress that I stumbled upon on Forever 21's website. Working out makes you feel so freaking sexy. The dress reminded me of a vintage piece with its sweetheart neckline, crossed halter straps in the back and it's skater style bottom. I felt absolutely amazing and hoped for a Marilyn Monroe moment but the wind was clearly not about that life.

Dress & Jewellery: Forever 21
Shoes: Gifted (but purchased at Charlotte Russe)


And yes...I do have a big head.

What do you dolls think about my dress? Would you wear it?


xo
Eesh
Reactions:

22 comments:

  1. I would totally wear it and the shoes are fabulous. I dont think you have a big head. Your photo still came out amazing. congrats to your cousin that's now 18!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! You can totally rock that dress!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oyyyy! Gal ya look good! lol I'm going to need you to free up on those shoes because they are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks doll! If only they were a half size smaller eh lol

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful dress. You are fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!
      Thank you Michelle :D

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. OMG you do not have a big head, you looked gorgeous. I love this dress on you- I really need to start looking at F21s clothing. I'm glad you had fun with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is huge and you know it =P

      Thank you love! Yes, they have gorgeous pieces and so affordable! If I were rich...I'd say screw designers and their brands. No wait...I take that back!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Nice pics, dear!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look incredible! Looks like such a great time! And I'm glad you were not filled with rage or jealousy ... lol ... but man, so, so young! Oh to be 18 again. Yeah, actually, never mind. I'm good with my 30s!

    And yes, I would so wear that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL let's leave 18 to those of that age. We done did enough damage in our time!

      And thank you so much! I feel incredible :D

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. You look fabulous and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh it was soooo good!

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. That dress is lovely. I love the way you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sugar!
      You know what they say, leopard goes with everything! ;-)

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I noticed the shoes first because I love, love, love leopard print! And like you said, it definitely goes with everything :) I love the color of the dress. As I lose weight, I am moving away from black and to more color, though I still love black too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if it's a leopard print plastic cup...it has my attention. We are so leopard twinsies!

      That was my problem too. Ok so it wasn't really a problem but I had black everything in my closet and I wanted to add some color to the mix especially since it's like Spring/Summer always where I live but color also makes my eyes pop.

      Doesn't losing weight just give you so much confidence though? We were gorgeous before but dammit check us out now!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! gorgeous dress, shoes, and your hair is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey!!

      And it's confirmed, I'll be in your parts soon! I'm dying to meet ya!

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Hehe! Loved this post! And magnificent transformation Ms. Munroe! Lol! THat is a fabulous outfit you once again nailed on the head. Keep it up! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol wasn't she so fab though? I don't mind being compared to her.

      And thank you! ❤

      xoxo

      Delete