Sunday, March 30, 2014

Something On The Horizon







A few weeks ago, R invited me to an art exhibition hosted at the John Watlings Distillery. The artist, Abrian Rankine is a co-worker of R's and to show our support, I agreed to accompany him. It was my first time at the Distillery, although it has been in operation for quite some time. We started off with a Rum Punch and worked our way around the room. 

I was immediately blown away by the array of vibrant colors used in the paintings. Each piece drew me in. I often said to R that I adored the "splattered paint" effect. Yeah, I don't know much about art. I wanted to purchase every piece present but unfortunately, I'm not a billionaire YET. 

"My work is a collection of realistic scenery painted in my own abstract way. I have incorporated a skillful technique known as drip art into my paintings, creating a unique, visually appealing and textured style. My art in this exhibition is inspired by a spectrum of colors, ecosystems and habitats and a few things the average Bahamian takes for granted – our seas, scenery and sunsets” - Excerpt taken from The Tribune Newspaper

If you like the paintings and want to find out more, you can send the artist an email at artisticexpression242@hotmail.com.


Reactions:

10 comments:

  1. Look at you! You look fabulous!

    This looks like such a great night! I love that you said you're not a billionaire YET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey bun! You know what they say, speak it into existence!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics! I'll be down that way real soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Let's "do" yogurt! :^D

      xo

      Delete
  3. This looks like an amazing event. Those paintings are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Just found your blog via Caribbean Bloggers and I will be back to read more. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!
      I look forward to getting to know you!

      xo

      Delete
  5. You look fantastic!! and I may steal your shoes ;).
    I don't know much about art either, other I like it or I don't, but I definitely like colorful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey!
      Go right ahead but beware, I have huge feet!

      xo

      Delete