Sunday, March 2, 2014

Invictus


via
I have been considering for a long time whether or not to get a tattoo. It's one of those "give it serious thought" kind of things, it's even on my bucket list. However, my family is totally against tattoos given their religious beliefs. I think that tattoos are beautiful art. 

I've always been a huge lover of the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley. There were moments where I felt the world was out to get me, (I still have those moments) but would always go back to this poem. It made me feel that I could control whatever was happening...that I was bigger than that. That I could conquer it all. I even get goosebumps and teary eyed whenever I read it. I've been toying with the idea of having the word Invictus tattooed in Script on my inner left wrist. 
via

I had originally planned to get it done when something significant happened in my life. I'm about to self publish a book. The plan was, after selling 1,000 copies/downloads, I would get this done to celebrate what I would deem a success. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work out the way you want it to or dream it would and I may never sell a thousand books. I may not even sell ten books. But as a reminder to myself that I am the only obstacle standing in my way, when My Three Men is released, I will be getting my first tat. 

What tattoo do you have that's most meaningful to you or is there something you'd like to have done?

xo
Eesh
Reactions:

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaningful tattoos are the best. I think these days people do not get tattoos with a purpose anymore. I'm all for your tattoo when you publish your (amazeballs) book lol. I want to get a tattoo but my future career won't allow it :(

    "If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through." -Rosalyn Carter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. If I'm gonna go against family values and get ink'd, it might as well be something that's close to my heart.

      And sure ya can! It just has to be in a discreet place :)

      I love that quote! Thanks for sharing <3

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I recently saw a tattoo that said "Be still" From Psalm 46:10! "Be Still and know that I am God." I've always been on the fence about tattoos but love the idea of an empowering scripture!

      Delete
    3. I love to see those scripture tats. That's when you know it's really personal!

      xo

      Delete
  3. I love tattoos that have meaning ... but my family is the same way about tattoos.

    I would get one regardless of how my family felt if I really felt that I found a design, message that I just had to get imprinted on me. Sean has several and I love them on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I adore tattoos on men...except those teardrop tats. Stay away from my face! Lol
      I don't think it would make sense to get something that isn't meaningful because I'd have to live with it for the rest of my life. No "ragrets"! Haha, sorry I stole that from Meet the Millers.

      xo

      Delete
    2. HAHA @ the tear drops on the face. NOBODY would mess with you ;)

      Delete
    3. HA! I think people would mess with me just to see what I would do!

      Delete
  4. I do like tattoos but not for myself. I think they look cool, and I love it when people tell the meaning. I used to say I'd get one when I'd have a child, but since then I've bagged the idea (maybe I'll change my mind again who knows). I'm not all that found of needles (the real reason), and I'd much rather adorn a gold or silver necklace or ring with his name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been considering this for a very long time. My excuse overall has been that I'm afraid of pain but I always, always end up wanting it.

      As for your tat of Dominic's name...ahhhh maybe his initials if you don't wanna get a full tat or a necklace can work too.

      xo

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it do it! Life is too short to worry about others, or future accomplishments. You are a success just as you are and if that poem has meaning to you right now then go for it. It will be a constant reminder of the power within you! I have a silly tattoo that I got as a teen....wish it wasn't there. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! I am now making provisions :D I'm so excited and yet nervous about the pain. Let's hope I don't feel it.

      xo

      Delete
  7. what a beautiful tattoo and i love the story behind it. thanks for introducing me to a great poem!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the poem. Nelson Mandela was also a huge fan of Invictus and I can see why. It's really powerful!!

      Thanks for stopping by love.

      xo

      Delete