Ali Express Brazilian Hair Review

A few weeks ago I came across a YouTube video while searching for nice but affordable Brazilian Virgin Hair. The link took me to Ali Express' website where the seller advertised (at that time) five 50g bundles of hair for $65.60. Of course I thought this was too good to be true but after watching the video about three times over I was convinced. So I pulled out my handy dandy credit card and made the purchase...without reviewing the specs.

After placing the order and jumping up and down with glee, I decided to finally check out the specs. Brazilian Body Wave HUMAN hair. OH. CRUD.

After about a week and a half, I received a package with not five bundles but six! Score! Oh wait, my subconscious decided to remind me that this wasn't the virgin hair that I had been coveting and yearning for, for months. Le sigh. Anyway, I thought...we'll make this work regardless.

I called up one of my hairstylists and made an appointment and of course before I met with her, I tried to dye the hair. Eh...big mistake! I also missed the part in the specs where it said Dye: NO. Eesh must learn to pay attention. Not only did the color not take but the hair lost it's shape. That's right people! Body Wave became straight. Double crud. Anyway, I thought once again...we'll make this work regardless. 

So I got the hair installed and flat ironed. I am in love. It looks so real and is really soft and manageable! And this dark color (1b) is growing on me. There was little shedding, say about 2-3 strands from each bundle but that's expected. I decided to braid it and leave it tied for a week I wasn't going anywhere anyway and voila! Wavy hair y'all! 

I have to say that every negative was not because of the hair but because I failed to read the specs properly. Had I done that, I wouldn't have tried to mess with coloring it and it would still have it's gorgeous shape.

So remember, when you're purchasing something online, READ the SPECS. Otherwise you may end up with a beautiful mistake...or just a mistake.

Hope you dolls had a great weekend.

xo
Eesh

P.S This blog will be two years old on Sunday. Do you smell a giveaway?!



14 comments:

  1. Look at you all sexy and stuff!

    Happy blog birthday! If you're giving away chocolate count me in ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww snap! That went straight to my head!

      Thank you! I will keep that in mind. Chocolate for Faith! :D

      xo

      Delete
  2. Let me just say I am laughing my ass off at this post! Sorry you got the wrong weave. But I've seen it in action and you are definitely rocking it! Beautiful mistake indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you know the struggle! Thanks doll!

      xo

      Delete
  3. The long hair looks lovely on you. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! I'm no longer a blonde...or a red head but I'm loving it!

      xo

      Delete
  4. loooove it! looks so good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hair looks great!! I am a fan of wavy/curly dark hair myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm just getting into dark hair but I'm in love.

      xo

      Delete

 
Powered by Blogger.